Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thurland Castle Lancashire Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   AJR 

• Castle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • Group: Senior Castle Enthusiasts
  • Interests:English, Welsh and Scottish Castles; Vintage Castle postcards and prints; Sleeping; Sudoku; Gardening; Isaac Asimov; Isles of Scilly; Alderney; Isles of Scilly again (and again and again)
  • My Own Research
  • I am looking for info
  • None of the above
  • Friend

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:00 AM

The latest addition to my collection. A postcard by Francis Frith, postmarked 1904. From the Frith website I have discovered that the original photo was taken in 1899.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Thurland_20_2790.JPG

A Library is Thought in Cold Storage

#2 User is offline   AJR 

• Castle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • Interests:English, Welsh and Scottish Castles; Vintage Castle postcards and prints; Sleeping; Sudoku; Gardening; Isaac Asimov; Isles of Scilly; Alderney; Isles of Scilly again (and again and again)
  • My Own Research
  • I am looking for info
  • None of the above
  • Friend

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

Thurland Castle Sales Particulars

Thurland Castle is an exceptional Grade II* listed building taking full advantage of its elevated setting with extensive views over the surrounding North Lancashire countryside.

With an immediate sense of arrival through as secure gated entrance and tree line driveway, Thurland Castle was the subject of a painstaking development programme some 8 years ago creating a range of individual homes including apartments, duplexes and cottages, with The Thurland being the only actual house in the main castle. With accommodation on three floors and extending to approximately 4,400 sq ft, The Thurland encompasses the principal southern wing of the castle with private ownership of the rose garden and surrounding terracing. Three bedroom suites together with a second floor studio /additional bedroom are complimented by two stunning reception rooms with the ballroom of the original castle forming a stunning grand drawing room. However, despite the grandeur of the accommodation and setting, The Thurland remains a very manageable and comfortable home. Outside, the property benefits from a double garage with adjacent storage and use of the communal grounds and tennis court Lancaster 11 miles. Kendal 17 miles. Skipton 31 miles. M6 Junction 34 10 miles. (All distances approximate)

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: monthly_04_2009/post-32-1239022347.jpg
  • Attached Image: monthly_04_2009/post-32-1239022355.jpg
  • Attached Image: monthly_04_2009/post-32-1239022365.jpg
  • Attached Image: monthly_04_2009/post-32-1239022376.jpg
  • Attached Image: monthly_04_2009/post-32-1239022387.jpg
  • Attached Image: monthly_04_2009/post-32-1239022394.jpg

#3 User is offline   AJR 

• Castle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • My Own Research
  • I am looking for info
  • None of the above
  • Friend

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

In my usual fashion, I have requested a copy of the sales particulars for this castle, which if I receive, I will get uploaded here. Watch this space.

#4 User is offline   AJR 

• Castle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • My Own Research
  • I am looking for info
  • None of the above
  • Friend

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:24 AM

Wow - what speed. Just received the complete sales particulars via e-mail. I had to split the file due to the large size.

Attached File(s)

#5 User is offline   AJR 

• Castle Enthusiast
  • View gallery
  • My Own Research
  • I am looking for info
  • None of the above
  • Friend

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:06 AM

Received the details through the mail today. These will go nicely in my collection.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users